- A SENSATIONAL CASE OF ROBBERY OF RS. 17 LACS UNRAVELLED BY THE DEDICATED STAFF OF PS SULTANPURI
- ROBBED MONEY OF RS 8.25 LACS RECOVERED
- ONE I-PHONE MOBILE PHONE WORTH RS. 1.40 LACS (PURCHASED FROM THE ROBBED MONEY) ALSO RECOVERED
- ONE SCOOTY USED IN THE CRIME RECOVERED
- SIX ACCUSED PERSONS ARRESTED IN THE CASE
The Staff of PS Sultan Puri has done a stupendous work by unravelling a robbery case of Rs. 17 lacs along with the recovery of Rs. 8.25 lacs and one mobile phone worth Rs. 1.40 lacs purchased from the robbed money. The scooty used in the commission of crime also recovered. 06 accused persons have been arrested in the case. Earlier, the Crime Branch has arrested one associate in the case and had recovered Rs. 75000/- only.
BRIEF OF THE INCIDENT AND INVESTIGATION:
On 07.02.2023, a PCR call regarding robbery of Rs. 17 Lacs was received at PS Sultan Puri. On enquiry it was found that one Ashish Kumar R/o New Moti Nagar, Age-28 yrs who works for Rajesh Jain R/o Krishan Vihar, Delhi who is a distributor of DMS and Mother Dairy Milk was going on his scooty with a Bag on his back containing Rs. 17 lacs. When he reached at Meerut Dairy, Krishan Vihar, Delhi, two unknown persons started beating him and robbed his bag with the money and fled away. Ashish used to collect money from the market and was going to deposit the money in the Bank. Hence, a case vide FIR No. 144/2023 dated 07.02.2023 U/s 392/394/34 IPC was registered at PS Sultan Puri and investigation was taken up.
Considering the gravity of the case, a dedicated team comprising SI Sonu, SI Deepak, SI Yogesh, HC Sewa Ram, HC Ravi, HC Pawan, HC Jagdeep, Ct. Rohit and Ct. Nishant, under the leadership of Inspr. Sukhbir Malik, SHO/Sultanpuri and overall supervision of ACP/Sultan Puri was constituted. The team activated all the informers and started working on all the avenues of the case. In this course, more than 100 CCTV cameras of the nearby area were checked and technical analysis was also initiated so as to establish the footprints of the culprits. The CCTV footages of the accused persons were shown to all the informers in order to ascertain the details of accused persons.
On 11.02.2023, a secret information was received regarding a person involved in the robbery coming to Rice Mill, Rithala, Delhi. A trap was laid and the raid was conducted. The team succeeded in overpowering the accused persons. On enquiry, he was identified as Brijesh Jha @ Paras S/o Jeevan Jha R/o Budh Vihar, Delhi. Thereafter, on the instance of accused Brijesh Jha, other accused persons namely Pankaj Kumar was arrested from O-Block, Budh Vihar, Delhi, Raman @ Parva, Piyush and Hitesh were arrested from 100 feet Road, Sec.-22 Rohini, Delhi and Rohit was arrested from Rithala, Delhi. Robbed money of Rs 8.25 Lacs, one iPhone 14 Pro Max (purchased from the robbed money) and the scooty used in the commission of crime were recovered from the accused persons.
During sustained interrogation, the accused persons disclosed that the said conspiracy of robbery was hatched by their kingpin namely Pankaj Kumar R/o Budh Vihar, Delhi aged 24 years who works as a driver with Surender Kumar Rana (Partner of Sh. Rajesh Jain) for the past 03 years. Initially he shared his plan with Raman @ Parva R/o Budh Vihar, Delhi aged 22 years who constituted the team of Brijesh Jha, Rahul Bansal (arrested by Crime Branch), Pankaj Kumar, Piyush, Hitesh, Rohit, Pardeep and prepared a plan of executing the robbery wherein Brijesh Jha and Rahul Bansal executed the robbery. Rohit along with Pardeep provided them cover and accused Hitesh @ Manu successfully got them escape from the crime scene. The accused persons further disclosed that they committed the said robbery in order to return loan to their usurers and also visit the film city in Mumbai.
PROFILE OF ACCUSED PERSONS:
- Brijesh Jha @ Paras R/o Near Rithala Bus Stand, Rithala Village, Delhi aged 27 yrs (Cash recovered Rs. 1.35 Lacs).
- Piyush R/o Budh Vihar, Delhi Age- 26 yrs (Cash recovered Rs. 2 Lacs ).
- Raman Kumar @ Parva R/o Veer Singh, Colony, Budh Vihar Phase-2, Delhi Age- 22 yrs (Cash recovered Rs. 2.5 Lacs ).
- Hitesh R/o Budh Vihar, Phase 1,Delhi Age 25 yrs (Cash recovered Rs. 1 Lac).
- Pankaj Kumar R/o Budh Vihar, PH-I, Delhi Age 28 yrs (Cash recovered Rs. 50,000/-).
- Rohit Swami R/o Old Bank Street. Rithala Village Age 25 yrs (Cash recovered Rs. 90,000/-).
- Accused Brijesh Jha @ Bajrangi @ Paras is previously involved in two cases of theft.
- Accused Rohit Swami is previously involved in 04 cases of snatching and robbery.
- Cash Rs 8.25 Lacs of the robbed money.
- One i-Phone 14 Pro Max worth Rs 1.40 Lacs purchased from the robbed money.
- Scooty bearing No. DL-8SBT-1990 used in the commission of offence
Further investigation of the case is in progress.
(HARENDRA K. SINGH) IPS
DEPUTY COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
OUTER DISTRICT: DELHI